The Liebster Award was set up years ago to give credit to new, undiscovered blogs. It’s a great way for those who might not have a huge following to be heard. And, it’s a way for readers to find something different.
- Recognise the blogger who tagged you
- Answer the questions
- Write 11 new ones
- Nominate 5+ bloggers to write their own post for people to discover
The lovely Andi (And Then, Zen) from Oxford nominated me to participate and send over her questions, so here goes:
What’s your favourite album, and why?
Happy Birthday to a *TRUE* Original, Kate Bush 💕There would be no #Bjork #ToriAmos, #FionaApple #FlorenceandTheMachine #JoannaNewsom nor #LykkeLi #Banks +countless others without her mammoth musical influence . . . . #KateBush #Leo #OG #RunningUpThatHill #WutheringHeights #DontGiveUp #TheKickInside #TheSensualWorld #ThisWomansWork #Maverick #SongBird #SingerSongWriter #Original #MusicCulture #MusicJournalist #MusicExpert #Legend #TrailBlazer #Artist #Icon #PopCulture #EnglishRose #MusicInspo
Kate Bush, The Kick Inside.
Kate Bush has been my favourite artist for as long as I remember and this album showcases her voice and range at its best.
You can time travel! Where do you go?
London in the Swinging Sixties. Mods, feminism and the best bands – what else do you need?
If you could change only one thing about the blogging world, what would it be and why?
I think I would change the impression that some people have that all bloggers are the same. And the feeling by some bloggers that they have to fit that mould. You do you, honey.
You can be best friends with anyone famous, who would you chose?
Nicki Minaj. Queen
What’s one piece of advice you’d give to your thirteen-year-old self?
Chill Out. It’s going to be fine.
What’s your favourite book, and who’s your favourite author?
The Beautiful and Damned, F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Top three places you’ve visited?
- Uruguay, where I stayed on an amazing horse ranch
- Venice, read about my fleeting visit here
- Ilha Grande, Brazil – the MOST BEAUTIFUL white beaches I’ve ever seen. The sand is so clean it squeaks as you walk on it. You have to trek to get there, but so worth it.
Superpowers are suddenly available on Amazon! What do you buy?
The ability to freeze and rewind time – as long as I can take other people with me too for company!
What’s your earliest childhood memory?
I really don’t know, I feel like your own memories mix with what people tell you over time. My mum left me in a cream tea shop when I was only a few weeks old – that’s quite funny!
How do you fix writer’s block?
Would you rather fight one hundred duck-sized horses, or one horse-sized duck?
I couldn’t fight a horse, they’re my FAVOURITE. So, a horse-sized duck it is. Quack.
Here are my questions:
- Pizza, Chips or Chocolate – pick one
- Who was your first crush (real or celebrity)?
- Name three women you admire:
- Your wardrobe is…?
- Describe your perfect day…
- What’s your dream job?
- Would you rather be a big fish in a little pond or a small fish in a big pond?
- When was the last time you cried, and why?
- Your favourite place to relax?
- If you were a dog, what breed would you be?
And, if you haven’t been nominated, I’d still love you to answer some and tell me something about yourself in the comments. Peace & Love x